top of page
Wedding Ceremonies Rohan Stubbings Civil Celebrant

FAQ's and Forms

What is a Civil Celebrant?

In Australia, celebrants are people who conduct formal ceremonies in the community, particularly weddings, which are the main ceremony of legal import conducted by celebrants. They may also conduct non-legal ceremonies such as naming of babies, renewal of wedding vows and funerals. ...Officiating at a marriage requires that the celebrant be an authorised marriage celebrant under Australian law, but officiating at non-legal ceremonies does not.


What does a Civil Marriage Celebrant do?

A Marriage Celebrant will work with you to design and plan your ceremony. They will officiate at the service and ensure all legal documentation and procedures are followed. They will also submit all relevent paperwork after the ceremony to ensure you are legally married.


Why choose a Civil Celebrant?

With a Civil ceremony you have the freedom to choose anything you include in your service. There are no limitations on content, location, persons present or your vows. There are a couple of legal things that must be included however the rest is totally up to you. Of course I can give you many examples to help you along the way.

Civil ceremonies need not be religious however, if you wish to include religious blessings or prayers you can – it’s your choice.


How do I take the first step?

Just contact me by phone or email and we can chat. There are no obligations for the first chat - see if you like what you hear and we can progress from there.


What do I need to bring to our first meeting?


If Australian born:Original Birth Certificate or full copy.

If mislaid, a copy may be obtained from Department of Births, Deaths & Marriages

If Overseas born:Birth Certificate or Passport.

If mislaid, copy may be obtained from your Country's embassy


And if you have been married before - also bring with you;

If a widow or widower:Death Certificate of spouse.

If mislaid, copy may be obtained from Department of Births, Deaths & Marriages.

If divorced:Decree Absolute of divorce or Certificate of divorce.

If mislaid, copy may be obtained from the ‘Family Court of Australia.’


Required forms:

Notice of Intended Marriage



Other useful forms:

Change of name certificate

For replacement of Birth, Death, Marriage or Divorce Certificates

bottom of page